Name: Serhan Ünalan
Title: Sr. Safe City & Energy Expert
Other Titles: Executive, International Keynote Speaker, World Traveler, Researcher, Sector Influencer, Business Development, Mentor, Writer, Analyst.
Vision: His vision is to discover new cutting-edge strategies in security & energy sectors at a global scale to raise impactful solutions to the real life problems along with supporting innovative entrepreneurship eco-system and STEM (Science-Technology-Engineering-Math) approaches.
After completing his education at Communication Engineering in Germany and obtained MBA degree in UK, Serhan started his career as a Team Leader Engineer at Ericsson for a project targeting Japan’s first data based communication infrastructure (PPDC) development in 2000. Following the project, he was employed by Siemens as a Project Manager for the implementations of Germany’s first autonomous trains between 2002 and 2005.
In 2006, Serhan started its own company called Eclipse as a founding partner and took managing roles in Business Development till 2011. Eclipse implemented many projects especially focusing on energy, electricity and natural gas sectors. The company established valuable partnerships as a solution provider with well-known prominent corporates such as Turkcell, Avea, Turk Telekom, Oracle, Siemens, and Ericsson etc. In this regard, Serhan performed a lot projects under his leadership.
In 2012, he left his role at Eclipse and started his new role as a Business Development Manager at Proline. At his new role, Serhan took the responsibility at a global scale. He created a unique strategy model called “Safe & Smart Cities” and developed “Smart City Methodology”. With the mentioned ground, entering the new markets, scouting new business trends, supporting competitiveness strategies, developing B2B marketing strategies, publishing articles and “white papers” are the only a few of his multiple accomplishments.
Serhan has been continuing to give lectures on “Safe and Smart Cities” at Bahçeşehir University for 3 semesters. Besides, he gives speeches as a key note speaker at many national and international Smart City events.
Serhan Ünalan has taken part at valuable efforts and projects;
- Taking active roles at “Smart City İstanbul Master Plan Project” as consultant and also executed the interviews on the field,
- Lecturing on Smart Cities at Bahcesehir University in scope of CO-OP,
- Giving contribution into the process of developing an investment fund for Proline Company, which aims at supporting start-up eco-system and entrepreneurs,
- Managing Communication & Coordination with notable Science Parks and developing cooperation processes,
- Being jury member at a lot of national and international events along with providing mentorships to start-ups,
- Taking active roles in EU supported R&D&I funding application processes,
- Building a wide network throughout the world on Smart Cities, which focuses especially on Energy and Safe Cities.
Some Selected References
- QATAR MINISTER OF INTERIOR – TAALA SAFE CITY PROJECT
- PROLINE – STRATEGIC MARKETING FOR SMART CITIES
- ITEA – IDEA4SWIFT PROJECT (an EU Funded R&D Project)
- SOCIAL SECURITY INSTITUTION (TURKISH NATIONAL HEALTH SYSTEM) – SSI’S NATIONWIDE BIOMETRIC PATIENT AUTHENTICATION PROJECT
- PROLINE – CORPORATE VISION AND STRATEGY BLUEPRINT
- SEDAŞ AMR (AUTOMATIC METER READING) PROJECT
- ENERJISA AMR (AUTOMATIC METER READING) PROJECT
- ENERJISA NETWORK QUALITY MONITORING PROJECT
- ISTANBUL MUNICIPALITY – REMOTE NOISE MEASUREMENT PROJECT
- KANDILLI OBSERVATORY & EARTHQUAKE RESEARCH INSTITUTE – EARTHQUAKE OBSERVATION PROJECT