Name: Vincent Fong
Title: Smart City & Fintech Expert
Vision: To facilitate smart cities via a series of strategic dialogues
- General Manager, Knowledge Group,
- Chairperson, Community Leader, Smart Cities Asia
- Chairperson, Community Leader, BankTech Asia
- Member, Smart Cities of the Internet of Things Working Group (IoT WG), Malaysian Technical Standard Forum Board
- Member, IOT Committee, European Union-Malaysia Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Member, Green Building Committee, European Union-Malaysia Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Mentor, Young Corporate Malaysians
Vincent Fong is the General Manager of Knowledge Group of Companies, in his role as the General Manager he heads the research team. In that role, he and his team is responsible for strategic research in the areas of Smart Cities, IOT, Big Data, Fintech and banking technology.
He is the chairperson of the annual Smart Cities Asia Conference, a key strategic event for city leaders in Asia, where he is responsible to analyse key issues face by cities leader and curate suitable solutions and facilitate conversations between city leaders and thought leaders.
Vincent is deeply passionate about the startup scene, he regularly hosts meet-ups connect entrepreneurs within the smart cities space.
Vincent is member and advisor to various NGOs, Governmental Organisations and Bilateral Organisations. He regularly conducts webinars to brief European companies on the Malaysian landscape and opportunities in Smart Cities. He is also regularly featured on mainstream media on topics related to Smart Cities and Fintech.